Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Cultures!!!

I was very intrigued about what I learned about as far as  different cultures go and how they affect the family. What I really thought about was how does a couple effectively and agreeably compromise on what they want to be their own "Family culture"? You have two people coming from two seperate backgrounds, cultures, values, habits, and ideas and to make an effort to put those two together to mold it as one is quite the challenge. It made me reflect on how important it is to create not only the culture that you and your husband feel most comfortable with for your relationships and for your children, but also how important it is to create a culture that Heavenly Father himself creates for those he lives with. How do we do this? This is the question I think that I will find many answers to throughout the semester in order to better be prepared to compromise, consider, and compare the positive and negatives qualities that should be in a family culture centered on the teachings of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment